Are you seeking a highly visible procurement leadership role where you have the autonomy to impact the business; spend your time developing your team and working on broader strategic initiatives? Do you want to work for an entrepreneurial, customer focused, specialty food distributor? Our client is looking for an influential commodity purchasing expert to be a part of company growth, evaluating opportunities, and making daily decisions that positively affect the bottom line.
This is a highly influential role, reporting directly to the CEO, a well-liked and well-respected leader. Responsible for efficiently setting the strategy and overseeing all purchasing of goods and services for the company. The successful candidate will have a dynamic personality and be able to develop strong cross-functional relationships across the business, as well as with customers and vendors.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10 years’ experience in commodity-based purchasing with significant experience in meat, poultry and/or seafood; minimum of 3 years in a director level procurement role.
- Influential personality with a strong ability to build teams, motivate, and coach others and set the tone in building cross-functional relationships with sales & other departments.
- Strong relationships in foodservice or retail; experience in value-added relationship building with customers.
- Experience in developing and employing a strategic sourcing methodology to expose opportunity buys, identify ROI and risk management.
- Experience developing appropriate metrics and KPIs to efficiently manage the purchasing team, reduce costs and improve quality.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to uncover cost savings and add dollars to the bottom line.
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills; commodity negotiations experience a must.
- Innovative leader with a creative mindset that can find new ways to solve old problems.
- Direct experience with USDA/FDA preferred
Excellent compensation and benefits package. If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.