Are you interested in leading a corporate QA function focused on supplier quality? Do you enjoy leading a team and working cross functionally with procurement and vendors? Do you want to work for a well-loved retail brand that supports a high-quality Quality Assurance and Food Safety program?
Our client, located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago, is experiencing incredible growth and is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to lead a team with oversight for new item testing, 3rd party labs, and product specification development for food products across categories. This person will lead a team of 5 and will influence multiple departments across the company.
Some qualifications include:
- 5+ years’ experience in progressively more responsible Food Safety and Quality Assurance roles, preferably in a retail grocery environment.
- Ability to lead change management, work on a collaborative team, set the strategy and have a passion for executing and implementing consistent, high-quality QA programs.
- Experience working with suppliers and managing third-party labs, testing programs, regulatory compliance, vendor certification, setting up quality systems, and issue resolution.
- Must have strong leadership background and ability to provide product specifications and advise buying team on supplier issues.
- BS in Food Science, Food Technology, Microbiology or related field, or a combination of QA experience and education required.
The position offers excellent benefits, including relocation and limited overnight travel. This is a collaborative, fast-paced environment that requires a decisive, flexible person with an executive presence. To discuss this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com