We’re looking for an innovative Director of Deli & Bakery who can develop creative and cutting-edge merchandising programs and products for a dynamic grocery retailer. Ideal candidates must possess insight into differentiating grocery strategies, culinary trends, and the ability to execute new programs.
This role will communicate the vision and inspire a team. As a leader, this person must be capable of interfacing with all levels of management and understand the necessity of being a team player, yet be comfortable in an environment requiring a high degree of individual performance.
Some qualifications include:
- 8-10 years retail merchandising / category management experience, with 3+ years in deli or prepared foods.
- Overall responsibility for merchandising, pricing and program innovation for deli, bakery and prepared foods.
- Responsible for creating weekly and seasonal merchandising / promotional plans, negotiation strategies, and pricing to increase store sales and profitability.
- Experience identifying, developing, communicating and executing short and long-term business plans; including, market trends, sales forecasts, margin requirements to maximize profitable category sales, promotional initiatives, inventory turn goals, and vendor relationship management.
- Provide clear direction, support and coaching to merchandising, buying and pricing staff. (3 direct reports / 11 indirect)
- Reports directly to the VP of Deli & Bakery; an intelligent, high integrity, energetic and collaborative industry leader.
Our client is based south of Boston, MA. Fast-paced, fun, dynamic culture with a focus on personal development and future career opportunities, while meeting high performance expectations. Outstanding compensation package, bonus, benefits and full relocation package. If you or someone you know would be interested in discussing this opportunity, please contact Julie Curtis at 763-428-1888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.