We’re looking for a strong fresh merchandising leader that can develop a team to deliver innovative merchandising strategies for the fresh meat category. A person that enjoys a high level of communication both with internal teams as well as external customers / retailers. A desire to deliver differentiating perishable strategies, a vision for the future and strong financial results.
This organization is led by leaders with high energy, industry expertise and a sense of humor. As a leader, this individual must embrace interfacing with all levels of the organization and understand the necessity of being a team player and inspiring a team.
Some qualifications include:
- 8-10 years retail or wholesale meat / perishable merchandising / category management / buying experience, with 3 plus years leading a team in procurement or category management.
- Overall responsibility for Merchandising and Procurement function for meat.
- Responsible for creating weekly and seasonal merchandising / promotional plans, procurement, sourcing, and negotiation strategies, pricing and promotions to increase store sales and profitability.
- Experience Identifying, developing, communicating and executing short and long-term business plans. Including market trends, sales forecasts, margin requirements to maximize profitable category sales, promotional initiatives, inventory turn goals and vendor relationship management.
- Provide clear direction, support and coaching to procurement and category management team. (12 direct / indirect reports, 15 dotted line)
- Reports directly to the VP of Fresh; an experienced, high integrity, calm, and collaborative industry leader.
Our client is based in the St. Louis, MO. This is a great community with a moderate cost of living, excellent schools and mild climate. Fast paced, dynamic culture with a focus on building consistency and team development. Excellent compensation package, bonus, benefits and full relocation package.
If you or someone you know would be interested in discussing this opportunity, please contact Julie Curtis at 763-428-1888 or email@example.com.