Looking for a dynamic Director of Procurement who has a deep knowledge of the Northern California market. Headquartered in San Jose, our client is an innovative, wholesale cash & carry and distribution company driven to provide a great, quality selection at the lowest price possible.
This role will be responsible for commodity and negotiation strategies including terms and conditions; supplier selection/de-selection; and evaluation and rationalization of supply chain solutions, including vendor managed inventory (VMI), supplier consignment, safety stock levels, etc. and cost containment strategies. The ideal candidate will have a strategic sourcing mindset.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of procurement will:
- Manage and mentor a dynamic team of purchasing professionals.
- Strategically develop and implement companywide commodity/supply chain strategies, services and supplier processes to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities.
- Lead an organization within the scope of the strategic sourcing process to drive cost out of the supply chain.
What you will bring;
- 7 + years of progressive experience leading a purchasing & strategic sourcing department.
- A deep knowledge of the local market related to the wholesale distribution industry.
If you or someone you know would be interested in discussing this opportunity, please contact Kim Breck at Kim@curtisfood.com or 763-317-7807.
Key Words: Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Merchandising, Category Management, Buying, Wholesale, Distribution