Looking for a dynamic Director of Procurement who has a deep knowledge of the Northern California market. Headquartered in San Jose, our client is an innovative, wholesale cash & carry and distribution company driven to provide a great, quality selection at the lowest price possible.
This role will be responsible for commodity and negotiation strategies including terms and conditions; supplier selection/de-selection; and evaluation and rationalization of supply chain solutions, including vendor managed inventory (VMI), supplier consignment, safety stock levels, etc. and cost containment strategies. The ideal candidate will have a strategic sourcing mindset.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of procurement will:
- Manage and mentor a dynamic team of purchasing professionals.
- Strategically develop and implement company wide commodity/supply chain strategies, services and supplier processes to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities.
- Lead an organization within the scope of the strategic sourcing process to drive cost out of the supply chain.
What you will bring;
- 7 + years of progressive experience leading a purchasing & strategic sourcing department.
- A deep knowledge of Procurement and the wholesale distribution industry.
If you or someone you know would be interested in discussing this opportunity, please contact Kim Breck at Kim@curtisfood.com or 763-317-7807.
Key Words: Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Merchandising, Category Management, Buying, Wholesale, Distribution